About Me

My photo
Canna, Highland, United Kingdom
This blog has been set up to keep people who are interested in wild bird ringing informed about my ringing activities both locally and further afield.

Friday 22 January 2010

Over Nests...

Nest Recording in Over


On Wednesday night I gave a short talk to the Over Gardening Club about my (varied) work, and this inevitably turned to a discussion about bird ringing.

It looks like there is a lot of interest from villagers about this, and I will be sending out fliers to everyone in the village to ask if you have nest boxes in your garden that I could monitor throughout ther summer.


These starling chicks were in a nest box in Knapwell last summer



I'd also be interested in hearing of any open-nests you find (i.e. nests that aren't in boxes), as these provide very valuable data too. These might include species such as blackbird, song thrush, robin, dunnock, swallow, meadow pipit, skylark, linnet, whitethroat, and many more, so once the breeding season starts in March, keep your eyes (and ears) open!

Anyone who is interested in taking part can contact me on grahambirdringer@btinternet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment